Tuesday, November 01, 2005

emotion overload

It is really bizarre. I think my emotions have overloaded today. Too much sensory input, and now they are malfunctioning. I feel... well, i don't think I am feeling anything.

I have been overwhelmed today with the knowledge and awareness of sin, and the results of sin in this world.

I had a really hard convo with a friend this arvo. He is struggling/working through a lot of things. I have a deep concern for him, that he is treading a dangerous line in both his faith, and his actions/morals. I am scared of the consequences. I am scared that he is making God unknowable, and I am scared that he is going to hurt people if he acts on his desires.

Earlier on today my friend Naughty reminded me of the very thing that I preached on a week and a bit ago. 1 Cor 12. The body of Christ. How when one member feels pain, we all feel it, and when one member is exalted, then we are all joyful.
Today, I feel the pain. I came back from that convo to find a friend in pain.

I don't think that is a bad thing that I am feeling this pain. It has not depressed or upset me, it is more that I am grieving for those that are hurting.

This is not a true reflection of the whole day. There were some highlights. I did manage to escape college lunch of pasties and enjoy Thai with a girl in 3rd year. (Yummy treat, which I am v glad of)
And I also got some feedback on some exegetical exercises that I had submitted to RJG last week. I would have passed them!! Now I just need to get the rest of my passages up to that level.

No comments: