Monday, November 28, 2005

coffee, limitations, a BBQ and promises!

Caught up with Chops for coffee on Sat morning. It was lovely to sit on the beach drinking bacino bar coffee eating hot chips and watching the surfers. I've missed Chops.
I have these grand plans of catching up with people on a regular basis, but it doesn't seem to eventuate, and I end up cramming all of my social life into December/January.

More and more I realise my limitations. It was announced at 7pm service that my last week was coming up. One of the guys asked me if I would come back and visit. I had to honestly say to him that I didn't think that I would. It was hard to say that. It is not as though I don't want to come back and visit. I will miss all of my family there.
But I have realised that it just isn't possible. I had wanted to go back and visit my old church, but having only done that once in the last 2 years. (Not counting my random hang outs with Hey Pastor and Praise the Lord)

Tomorrow is a BBQ for my, Schwepps, Kemp, and Shell's birthdays. It will be good to hang out with college people and in some ways say farewell for 2 months (or longer for those not coming back to college). I also know that I will then be in a sort of limbo.

2 months of vacation. What will I do with it? Rest assured, I worked out my diary, and there is something planned in every week of that. From highschool camps and driving power boats, to camping and moving house.

Feb has already been designated essay, greek and Calvin month. I had a deal last year with Pato, that I would get one of my essays done before college went back or else I had to take him and his family out for dinner. Fortunately, he is yet to claim on that one.
This year WILL be different.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Schwepps??

how does that one work...

see ya this arvo...
-seumas

-bw said...

Oh yeah, I have decided to call Naughty, Schwepps. This is because she is a container of bubbles!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you won't be coming back, but I can understand it. There is always the hope that the past stays the same, but it never does.
I had better make sure I spend enough time catching up with you! Still, what if you keep on blogging? There will always be the chance to leave a comment. At least there will be people knowing how everything is going with you.