Wednesday, November 23, 2005

virus alert

I just received emails to 2 seperate accounts (one to my hotmail, one to my college account) which is a virus.
DO NOT OPEN THE ATTACHMENT

It looks a little like this:
The subject titles were: Your IP was logged --- AND --- Registration confirmed
From email address: Admin@cia.gov (that got me sus straight away!)

Dear Sir/Madam,

we have logged your IP-address on more than 30 illegal Websites.

Important:Please answer our questions!
The list of questions are attached.

Yours faithfully,
Steven Allison

++++ Central Intelligence Agency -CIA-
++++ Office of Public Affairs
++++ Washington, D.C. 20505
++++ phone: (703) 482-0623
++++ 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., US Eastern time


Do NOT open the attachment.
Fortunately I got sus, and my antivirus is up to date.
--

only one more day til party time!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, bw, I can understand the count down. Been through the hurdles a few times myself. The hurdles will all be low for you. Have you ever thought about the lecturers though and felt sorry for them in their marking load, though? Think of all the hours reading all those creative writing efforts (and they were the history essays!)

Personally, I though that the virus email was fairly clever. The immediate reaction is paranoia.Who stole my identity? What could be on an illegal website? Am I being watched already? What has someone found out about me? How do I get the CIA to lose interest in me?