Thursday, November 10, 2005

I am very thankful!

I am really thankful that my salvation is not dependant on these upcoming exams, and their results. I am thankful that Jesus is the only way. That it is not Jesus plus ____ .

I have been putting a lot of pressure on myself. I've had all these thoughts of maybe going on and doing post-grad studies, when here I am freaking out that I may not even pass. But you know what? Essentially, I just have to do what I can, in the knowledge that even if I fail, what is another year? Right?!

I mean, I know I have to be faithful, and do the best I can and not waste the time that God has given me at college, but essentially, I can do it. (can you tell that I am trying to convince myself of that fact?)


Psalm 19

For the director of music. A psalm of David.

Ps 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Ps 19:2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
Ps 19:3 There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard.
Ps 19:4 Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.

In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun,
Ps 19:5 which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
Ps 19:6 It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes its circuit to the other;
nothing is hidden from its heat.

Ps 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect,
reviving the soul.
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.
Ps 19:8 The precepts of the LORD are right,
giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant,
giving light to the eyes.
Ps 19:9 The fear of the LORD is pure,
enduring forever.
The ordinances of the LORD are sure
and altogether righteous.
Ps 19:10 They are more precious than gold,
than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey,
than honey from the comb.
Ps 19:11 By them is your servant warned;
in keeping them there is great reward.

Ps 19:12 Who can discern his errors?
Forgive my hidden faults.
Ps 19:13 Keep your servant also from willful sins;
may they not rule over me.
Then will I be blameless,
innocent of great transgression.

Ps 19:14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

3 comments:

Naomi said...

You can do it!!!
You be faithful in your studying and trust that God will be faithful too. He is a good God and he loves you. He wants the best for you. And ultimately it is about what you learn not what mark you get. Just enjoy studying God's word and the rest will fall into place.

Anonymous said...

BW, of course you can do it. The only motto you can have as a student is crush! kill! destroy! ie thinking of study targets btw. The goal remains the same, with all the parts of study just minor obstacles on the way. You will serve the Lord, in ways you casn hardly imagine. You will never have an ordinary life. Did I just give you a blessing or are you unsure?

-bw said...

Did I just give you a blessing or are you unsure?

I would like to think that I would always think of it as a blessing!