Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Another one bites the dust...

Another one down. Today's New Testament paper was the Greek section.
Basically we get given a whole lot of chunks of the NT in greek (from our selected texts of course) and then we translate and write exegetical comments on the passage. I like to compare it to writing a really boring sermon. No illustrations.
You see a word, you stop, you explain what it is doing, and why it is important and you move on. Repeat process.

It was a reasonably nice paper, well at least I thought it was. I have been working pretty hard over the last few weeks on translation. I have been sitting down most nights with Mum, for an hour or so, and she will read along the ESV whilst I translate.
I managed to get all of the translations out, bar 3 words, one of which I knew a week ago and is a hapax (ie only occurs once in NT), but that information was lost to me.
And I think I covered the main things that I was meant to in the passages. I am fairly confident that I will pass.

So next things next, the exam of doom coming up on Thursday.... Doctrine!!

Time for me to pack away all the NT books and folders, slightly clean up this room, and get into all the theology books.

Oh yeah, I still miss my friends.

No comments: