Saturday, November 05, 2005

road trips, exams and houses

I slept the morning away. It feels like an eternity since I have done that. I caught up with my good friend Trinity last night. We went on a little road trip, visited some people, went silly on too much caffiene, ate fish and chips on the beach!

As I try and shake the fog from my mind, I sit here and think... I am sure there was something that I was meant to do this morning.

For those wondering how the Philosophy exam went. I was a little bummed that the stuff that I had studied in depth wasn't really in there. I will be very suprised if I fail. I answered a question on 'reductio ad absurdum', which I was feeling ok about, until at our usual debrief (the pub), KW told me how I had totally answered it the wrong way. arrgggghhhh. That is why I don't like to disect exams after they are done. Sitting them once is enough for me!

Well enough is enough. That exam is done, there is nothing I can do about it now, but it is time for me to continue getting ready for the next ones.

Other exciting news....
I visited a house yesterday arvo, for English Lass and myself for next year. It is small, dark, not much natural light, expensive, but.... and this is the best thing.... it is like 3 miunutes walk from college. It is basically one long hallway, with the 2 bedrooms coming off it to the left as you walk in. You keep walking and there is a lounge room, keep walking and you are in the kitchen/ette and then step out the door into the 2mx1m back yard which backs onto another laneway. It needs a coat of paint, and a few other things. But the current tenants are going to talk to the landlord for us. It is very exciting. Although the living area is small, the bedrooms are a decent size. I reckon I would have room for my queen bed in there and also my desk and bookcases. All the other stuff that I have looked at has had larger living area and smaller rooms. English Lass and myself need space to study, so even if we went for something with a larger living space, that would end up being taken up as study space anyway. I think this place could be a goer. I msg'd EL and she was excited. I'm going to call her next week. Daylight savings is making it easier to call the UK at the moment which is great.

Anyways.....

Todays tasks:
Clean study. This is very important, and my priority cos if it doesn't get done today, then it won't get done, and it will make exam weeks all that more stressful.

No comments: