Monday, November 14, 2005

1 down, 5 to go!!!

Well it wasn't actually as bad as what I thought it was going to be. We had to write 5 essays and I knew something about 4 of them. So that meant only 1 really dodgy essay, 2 moderately dodgy essays, and 2 ok essays. I think I should have done enough to pass.

The 5 that I wrote on were:
Evidence of the life and teachings of Jesus in Pauline writings, and the place that has in Pauline theology. (This was the really dodgy one)
What place the trial motif and forensic language plays in the purpose of the Fourth Gospel.
What contrinubution John's Gospel plays in undertand the person and work of the Holy Spirit.
What is Paul's teaching on wisdom (in 1 Cor) and why does he write it to the Corinthians.
What does Romans 1-4 teach about God.

The amusing thing is that for the last couple of weeks I have been listening to my set texts on my MP3 player on repeat. So when I was in the exam, I kept hearing the ESV in an American accent playing in my head.

Now, onto the next task for tomorrow's exam is in Greek! arrghhh
I hope that I hear that American's voice during tomorrow's exam.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you chicka. Just remember how much you will learn during all this!!! Looking forward to that post exam beer...
Dave

-bw said...

Thanks Mr Matey,
I was amazed at how much I had learnt when I wrote the essays in there today.

Mmmmmm, beer...
I guess it will have to wait until you get back from holidays. Have a great time, thanks for your prayers. I appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

yeah, i have been listening to the NASB with a voice that sounds like an american 50s news reporter!

and last night i dreamt russ was reading 1 corinthians out
-seumas

-bw said...

was Russ any good at the accent?

Anonymous said...

russ was spot on with the accent.

-seumas