Sunday, November 20, 2005

that is what it is all about

I have been in radio silence for the last couple of days. Trying (not very well) to study effectively.

I can't really remember anything that I have studied over the last couple of days, and there are less than 12 short hours before my next exam. But much can be learnt in that time!!

--

Went to church tonight. I love my church. I am going to miss it incredibly. I leave in 4 weeks.

I have been giving singing lessons to some of the teenage girls before church. It has been an awesome opportunity to talk to them about what it means to be a Christian.
Just last week, by accident (God's providence), there was a ten year old girl who was hanging around whilst I was setting up the music for the 5pm service. She joined in the singing when practice started, so I asked her if she wanted a few tips.
She was very excited about that. I would give her a few pointers and then we would practice one of the songs. I then got her to point out any words that she didn't understand. She has such a thirst for knowledge. And as each song came along, she'd point out words afterward and ask me to explain them.
This week, one of the songs we sung was 'In Christ Alone'. After we sung it, she asked "what does 'the wrath of God was satisfied' mean?"
It was great. It made me really think about how what I have been learning about, and how to explain the atonement to a 10 year old.

That is what college is all about. Taking what we are learning and applying it! I love it.


oh yeah, also... I was leading singing, and we were singing 'Thanksgiving' and the Holy Spirit filled me with such a joy. A joy that has once again reminded me of all the the Lord God has done for me.

--
over and out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool stuff b!

maybe you'll give me a few pointers :)