Thursday, October 27, 2005

one day closer...

It is one day closer to the summer break. As I sit here in Naughty's room, whilst she is visiting the Jedi Master, I think and dream of all the work that I am going to get done over summer. Of how I am going to be so much more organised about pre-reading for class, and even getting my assignments for next year done over summer. Yeah right. Like that is going to happen. Dreams, hopes and plans. They all have to be checked with reality!!

It has been a bit of a bizarre day. I woke ontime which should've seen me arrive at college an hour before lectures. Instead I got a little distracted by coffee with Mum, and then stuck in traffic. Eventually, I got to class around 8:30am. That would've been all good, except for the realisation after that class that I didn't actually have any other official classes today. They had either been rescheduled, or shifted into Hebrew or something else.

My time has not been frittered away with idleness though. I met up with a couple of the guys and we talked over Luther and his treatise of Freedom of a Christian. I realised that Luther's writings on Justification by faith were acutally very radical for their time, and influenced the reformation.
This discussion somehow led into a discussion on creation, humanity, marriage, children as gifts of that marriage, and how we are to live in this end times tension. It challenged me in a few areas of my thinking. It was also encouraging for my heart to sit down and play with the working out of the doctrines that we are learning.
I love being at college. My number one passion is telling people about Jesus, and I have started to see how being at college is complimenting that. It is making me all the more passionate and exciting about the studies that I am doing.

This arvo, I decided some exercise was in order, I mean after all, all that we do is sit down all day and listen, talk, listen, listen, talk, occasionally walk from one lecture theatre to another. So anyway, went for a walk with Moore Boy as it is his wife's birthday tomorrow. We went traipsed up and down King St and found something for her. I treated myself to some crafty supplies from Art on King. They give a 10% student discount there, and they have these really cute packs of offcuts which you can make all sorts of stuff from.
- Yes, I do know that this is another source of procrastination!! -

Naughty just got back, so I should hand this laptop back so as she can do some Hebrew vocab.
Tonight's plan:
Dinner with the girls
Cafe L'amour
Sleep over in Naughty's room
That's all for now

No comments: