Wednesday, October 19, 2005

my brain hurts

We have been discussing humanity, gender and authority in doctrine over the last week and a bit. It has been great. Stretched my thinking, pushed me, and challenged me. Our main brief this term is in looking at creation. This has led to some discussion on singleness. Which I add, was not raised by me for once!!

I am thinking of doing my 4th year project on singleness. I am continually narrowing and redefining my direction, so hopefully in a year and a bit, when I get to do it, I will have actually decided what angle I want to take.

I must say, that I am certainly enjoying being pushed in this area, as I think singleness from a creation point is something that I will need to address in my project. But yet at the same time as enjoying it, I am feeling weary of it. In the sense that I am feeling a little out on a limb. I find it hard to verbalise and openly disagree with something that a lecturer is saying. It seems almost disrespectful.

I have received emails and comments from some of the other singles at college, saying that they are glad that I am challenging and interacting with the debate. I must hold on to those comments, for I feel as though I am receiving beating after beating. I must also hold on to the fact that it is good for me to have to really think thoroughly about the issues at hand. But boy oh boy am I weary, exhausted, and just wanting to switch my brain off for a few hours. (I don't think getting up at 4:15am to chat to a friend in the UK helped after getting to sleep at 1am!)

2 comments:

Nan0c said...

Would definately love to hear your views on singleness :)

-bw said...

And I would love to share. I don't think I will get a chance to organise my thoughts in a coherant way prior to the exams. I think I will try and post something on it during December.
Or alternatively I can chat to you one Sunday! Although my finishing date is sorted now, so there aren't that many weeks.