Saturday, October 15, 2005

3 down, 6 to go!

Have I really been back this term for three weeks? Did those 15 days really occur? As exams loom, it is not anxiousness I feel, but an awareness that I have learnt an incredible amount this year.

I loved the illustration in chapel sermon yesterday using CS Lewis. It goes something like this:
Lucy runs to Aslan, and is buried in his paws and chest. "Aslan" she cried. "Your bigger". "Yes my child, you are older" He replied. "Are you older?" Lucy asked. "Not because I am older" he replied. "Each year that you have grown, I have grown with you"

My desire is that each year I will grow in Christ. I want God to keep showing me the sin in my life. To repent, change and grow. In all things point to God, that the glory and honor go to Him.

I'm posting this as a pre-reminder to myself. I know that over the next 6 weeks there will be times of anxiety. I must remember the sermon from ealier this week, and 'cast my anxieties on God'. Reminding me that in and through God, I have and will continue to grow like Lucy.

No comments: