Wednesday, October 26, 2005

the days happenings:

This term I only really go to college on Wednesdays for one class. It is my fluffy day. My classes start at 8am and finish at 3pm but there doesn't seem to be alot of meat in there.
8am lecture this morning, another gold experience with PToB. We looked at Romans 4:1-11. I was almost in tears walking out. Thinking about what God has done, and how salvation is for all people, not just the Jews.

God is good.
It is such an understatement, but I just don't think I can describe him in any other way. I feel that by using other more elaborate adjectives would actually detract from his glory.

9am was my mixed chaplaincy group (or as I tend to call it: my men's chaplaincy group). We discussed issues surrounding women in ministry. It is a group of around 18 people, with only 2 girls (it highlights the stats of guys/girls who are undertaking theological training at degree level). The other girl ran it. She did a great job of it, and I think it was helpful to all there.

10:30am - meeting with NJ re candidacy. I normally have a 2 hour free in that time (nah nah to all those people who elected to do congregational leadership!!), and go and do NT work, but today it was captured with meetings. Which overall were sucessful, if only a little distraction from study. I mustn't have been trying too hard to study as I swung past Li'l Miss and the Musician's rooms but they weren't there.

11:45am - major chocolate craving. Realised that there was no way I could make it through midday lecture on litergy without some type of hit. Went across the road, and was going to get just a small bar, but remembered the Jedi Master's fancy for chocolate so went with a block.

12:05pm - went to class with block of chocolate in one hand, and diet coke in another. Managed to get 2 rows of chocolate to the Jedi Master before it was devoured by myself and classmates.

1pm - diet coke and chocolate worked. Maybe too well. Went to lunch, just a little hyped. We spent some time working out different instruments that we could make from the table items. I think I may truely have convinced some of my friends that I have lost to plot from todays antics.

1:45pm - Women's Chaplaincy Group

2:15pm - Leave group early to head to doctors to get medical certificate for exams.

blah blah blah blah

got home - cooked a delicious dinner for my family (chicken basil and tomato pasta).
not much else to report

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You talk a lot about food. Were you hungry today?

-bw said...

Maybe it just shows what the highlights were (other than NT)!!

I also think that I miss (in some warped way) my job as a cook.

I could go into further description if you like... what I had for brekky, what coffee I had (Campo's today BTW), what was on the lunch menu... etc ;)