Thursday, October 06, 2005

An awesome day:

It was a great if not a little exhausting day.

It had a nice start with coffee with Mum, followed by an awesome run into town. I am loving the fact that uni holidays are on. It has meant that I can leave later for my 8am classes and still get a park near college.

First up was Pastoral Counselling. We talked about sexual addiction today. Quite an intense topic first up. I am glad that we cover things like this as it is important in pastoral work to be aware of these issues, and also in our own lives to be aware of the dangers and temptations. I hope they don't drop PC with the workload change next year.

Next up was spilt chapel. I was back on track to lead singing. I can't believe that I missed a whole term of singing due to voice problems. I am thankful that my voice has been restored as I love singing praises to God.

Morning Tea I had a great chat to one of the guys in first year re church next year and his goings on. We hadn't caught up in a few weeks, so that was nice. This was followed by Doctrine reading hour. Which instead of doing Doctrine reading, I did some translation from Romans 3 with one of the guys in our year. Good muck around, also encouraging that I knew some of the words, and could also remember some of the Wallace categories for things.

Next up was a year meeting. We got together as a year to talk about a few things, and to pray together. The prayer was great. We had a few laughs as well. There was talk of organising a marriage enrichment course early next year. The guy who was suggesting it, was lovely in that he is obviously thinking about singles and being aware of how the college community is very predominantly married. He suggested that we organise a singles enrichment weekend as well. KW caused a few laughs with the comment: "I don't see what we would be enriching." It was a laugh, and also a lovely thought to try not to be exclusive as can sometimes happen.

Last lecture of the day was New Testament. We worked through most of Romans 2. I have found it a great help that I have actually flowcharted the Greek before class, as it means that sometimes I may acutally have something intelligent to say rather than sitting there looking at the text dumbfounded.

Lunch...
I love watermelon. I love the fact that college always has fresh fruit.

Afternoon:
Spent in the library, which yes if you have read some of my previous posts you will know that it is not my favourite place. I got a good 3 hours of work done undisturbed. Translated a few more chapters of 1 Corinthians, submitted those to a lecturer who will hopefully get the chance to go through them with me.

Evening:
Residential dinner at college. Now this may seem a bit bizarre for me to go to seeing as I am not a reso this year (for those who are wondering, I lived in last year). I was touched that someone at the MTC office thought to invite me. I suppose I am still technically part of the MAC/Chappo community, although it doesn't feel like it sometimes. I have made an effort this year to maintain and grow relationships with all of the girls there, but I am certainly looking forward to living closer by next year. Esp so that I can be hospitable and have people over. And esp for the MAC girls, so I can share my place with them. A little slice of normality so to speak.

Trip home:
Managed to pick up a stray college student at a bus stop (he lives locally to me). We drove home, listening to a tape of Don Carson at summer school a few years ago on 1 Peter.

Wow, what a full day. Exhausting. I was going to stay on for Cafe la ..... or birthday drinks at the Marly for one of the girls. But decided that I needed to come home and work. Now that I am at home, and finally nearing the end of this post (what a marathon) I think that I should try and get more than my average night's sleep of 4 hours.

But when will I ever write my sermon for chick's chapel next week?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should include a point of your sermon in your blog each day...
I'm finishing off Sunday's sermon now...getting there so I can do my usual 'tidy up and edit' on Saturday....whew!