Sunday, October 30, 2005

Church and other happenings

Church was great tonight.
We had some guys from BLAST come and share with us about their vision for having full-time Scripture teachers in each of the local high schools. I have been convicted of the need to pray regularly for the local schools in the area. I spoke to the Fong and he is going to email me some prayer points. I will stick them up on my desk with my other regular prayer points so I can pray for them.

Going back in time from the 7pm service. I led the 5pm service tonight. I got some positive feedback about it. But I didn't really think that it went as well as what it normally does. Maybe that is just me. I felt that the music wasn't really spot on, and everything seemed a little abrupt. It is amazing how your perception of things from up front can differ from being in the pew. It is going to be hard to leave in December. I have been thinking about what to do about handing the music over at the 5pm service. There are a few options, I will continue to pray about them this week, and hopefully approach some people next week.

Going forward in time. After the 7pm service I dropped the Twins home. Went and saw their Mum (I shall call her 'Mentor'). Mentor has just come back from a week in Thailand. She brought me back a very special suprise. It is a ring which is a watch. I can't believe that she remembered that I wanted one. I was shopping with her, well it has to be at least 18 months ago, and was looking for one. It is very funky, I shall be wearing it to my exams!

Back home now, and it is time to hit the books. That Philosophy exam later in the week is getting closer and closer. I mean seriously, how do you write an essay on how to argue?

No comments: