Saturday, December 17, 2005

exam results

I got an sms from Jedi Master on whilst driving home from camp, to say that exam results were in. Started to feel a little anxious...
I got home, searching the house high and low, I could not find them. They mustn't have arrived.
I eventually found them tucked in with some of Dad's work stuff. I held the envelope for a few moments, and as I tore it open, I fully expected to read that I needed to do some supplementary examinations in January. It was with disbelief that I read, and re-read my transcipt which showed that I had passed everything. I actually thought that they had made a mistake, or that i wasn't reading it properly.
But as things stands, I have made it through my second year of college. I guess this means that I am going to pick up Hebrew next year. Well that was the deal with myself.

My GPA is up, not as high as I had hoped, but it is still up on last year. I need to get it to a certain point to be allowed to do my project in 4th year. I haven't quite reached that, so I will have to keep working on it next year.

My best subject was greek, and suprisingly, next up was doctrine.
I also did quite well in OT exegesis (english strand). Church History was a suprise, I walked out of that exam early, thinking that I had failed it, I didn't do brilliantly in the exam, but enough, so that with my essay mark, I got a good overall mark.
Philosophy... I had hoped for a better result.
NT was the one subject that I was a bit bummed about. I mean, it isn't as though I did poorly, but I had thought that I had nailed both the theology paper and the exegesis paper.
I think that I may get RJG to go through the paper with me at some stage early next year, to see where it is that I am having problems.

Now time for a snooze, and then off to carols tonight.

No comments: