Saturday, December 24, 2005

another day, another social event

Went to a relo bash last night. But not for Christmas! My cousins threw a suprise birthday party for my aunt. It was a lovely night.
It was also a night tinged with sadness. It has been a hard year for my aunt and cousins. My uncle died several months ago, and it was sad to go to a relo bash and him not be there.
I must make time to travel up the coast next year and spend some time with her.
Mum gave her a book about Christianity. I hope and pray that she will read it.

Today is Christmas Eve, and in my usual procrastinating style, I woke this morning to the knowledge that I still had gifts to buy.
I hit the shops early, and man was it manic by the time I left. Now it is time to wrap them all.

Tonight brings another social event. A friend is back from New Zealand and throwing her traditional Christmas Eve party. It is probably going to be the last one, as her parents are probably selling the house. It is also the first time that I can go and not have to rush off. Normally I have a church service or 2 to go to on Christmas Eve. Not tonight. I'm churchless!
I'm fully looking forward to seeing old friends.

When I think about it, it has been an interesting year. Two of my closest friends have been living overseas. I am so thankful for international calling cards which make it so cheap to call them.

But for now, I am starting to melt in this heat. I think I am going to head down the beach and cool off. Or maybe I should wrap those presents first. hmmmm

1 comment: