Tuesday, April 04, 2006

times like this, I wish I weren't so sinful

there are times in my life that I realise I am sinful. Tonight is one of those times. I struggle with being selfish, I want my own way and when something happens that means that I can't have my own way, I get annoyed or upset. I don't want to be that way.

I want to be more gracious. After all, God is the God of grace. It is he who has given abundantly and given me more grace than I can possibly understand and comprehend.

Nothing in particular has happened. Except that I have been struck once again by all that God has done for us in sending Jesus.

I want to be a woman who is like king David. When I told Snitzal that some months ago, he said in jest "what, an adulterer?". No. I want to be a woman who desires God's will. A woman who desires are after God's own heart.
I think that when we want what God wants, then we will detest sin in our life. This is what I earnestly need to be praying daily.

No comments: