Monday, April 03, 2006

relaxed, lost, and loved!

The day started nice and relaxing. I awoke at 6:45am, only to kick my body (ahh the joys of daylight savings finishing!) and roll over to go back to sleep. A nice relaxing brekky with English Lass, and off to my one class for the day.

Headed home in order to get out and about running errands. Only to discover that I had lost my car keys. Grrrrr. The only set (well, there is another set at my parents). Raced around looking for them, retracing my steps. To no avail. I was on a deadline for my errands, so Naughty nicely lent me her car. I got to the RTA and to the Council to get my parking permit, only to head back home. I drove around for like, half an hour trying to find a park. I gave up and parked in a 1 hour zone.

1 hour is not long when you end up in a conversation!

Got a call from the office chick to say that I had a package waiting for me. 'But I didn't buy anything recently' was the thought that came to mind. Yup, mainly when I get love in my pigeon hole at college, it is cos I have bought some book or other.

Moved Naughty's car, scoring her an ace park out the front of her abode, ran into L'ill Miss and the Musician and scored HUGE hugs, and headed up to the office. Upon entering the office, I picked up my parcel. It was heavy and the receptionist told me that she thought it must have been jam (go figure?). Opened it up, only to discover some books. I was thinking 'but I didn't order anything did I? Or am I totally losing my mind'. Upon looking at the titles I realised that they were from a friend who is going to the US tomorrow morning (in typical style, he hadn't pout a note or anything in the package to let me know who it was from!!). He is going to train at Covenant Life Church with the intention of coming back in a few years to fo a church plant. The books are for my project and hopefully or perhaps an MTh thesis. He had told me that he was going to send them, but I had totally forgotten, or at least thought that he would forget with the franticness of moving country so I had put the offer out of my mind.

And another love item that was in my piegon hole, was my Hebrew Bible. Very exciting! (now I know that I really have turned nerdy)
But I think they sent me the wrong one. It isn't the hard cover one that the first years got sent at the beginning of the year, it is soft cover, and it also has the apparatus down the bottom and margin stuff. It is the Hebrew Bible that you need for second year. So perhaps I better study hard, make it through this year, so that I can put it into use next year!!

Lots of love in book form today.

Now back to finalising the Day of Prayer booklet which needed to be finished by lunch time today!

No comments: