Monday, April 24, 2006

procrastination in the form of musings

One of my friends spoke to me after the previous post, and commented that I sounded sad. He was right, I was sad. But you know what, that is ok. Life isn't always happy, but I do want my life to be always joyful.

I spoke to one of my lecturers the other day here at college, to get some help narrowing my topic for my project next year (well actually I was speaking to him about something else, but I grabbed the opportunity to ask him about my project).

I may have come up with another direction or focus.
He suggested:
An ethics of contentment, with specific aplication to singleness
I quite like that one. That is if I take the ethics line, which I think is more my scene.

If I was to do a Biblical Studies project, I think it would be something like:
How can we read 1 Corinthians 7 in light of Genesis 2 and 3.

I would be interested in doing a theology based project which would be:
A Theology of Singleness.
But apparently Doylie doesn't like you doing a theology project if you don't have a doctrine average of 75% or higher - which is something I do not have. And besides, that is probably too broad a topic for 15,000 words.

My GPA is just under what I though I needed to do the project so I have been busting my guts trying to get it up, but then I read the handbook and found out that the GPA needed was yet another 5% above what I thought it was. It just means that I have to seek special permission to do it. In some ways finding that out has meant less pressure because I know that unless I somehow end up with marks 20 points higher this year, I can't reach the required GPA. So I figure that there is no point in busting my guts when I will seek permission from the Board of Studies.

The lecturer I spoke to on Friday said that he will support my application, but that he is just one voice among twenty. I am going to try and speak to more lecturers over the next 6 months to get their vibe and possibly their support.

Now back to this doctrine essay that was due this afternoon, but I still have a big fat zero word count!

No comments: