Thursday, September 29, 2005

Mood: *distracted*

It is mission awareness week this week at college. Instead of the usual 1 combined chapel, chick's chapel and a congregational chapel, we have had 4 combined chapels. We have had guest speakers each day. They have all been very interesting. Challenging as well. Today we had Steve Etherington come and speak. He works with CMS with indigenous people in the Northern Territory. I'd like to go up and visit and spend some time with he and his wife in the winter break next year.

I really don't know if I will end up staying in Sydney long term. It seems a little bizarre to be thinking that when it is this week that I had decided that I will apply to be a Sydney candidate. I see the need elsewhere and want to go serve anywhere and everywhere, and yet I also see the desperate need for women in ministry in Sydney, esp in youth ministry. Thakfully I don't have to make those decisions right at this moment.

Right at this moment I am meant to be doing some translation, flow charting and exegetical comments, but I am having much more fun making jewelry for people. I am really enjoying it. It is relaxing and I love giving people gifts. You can't half tell that that is one of the primary ways that I show people that I care!!

I stayed up a little too late on the phone last night, which has meant that my schedule is a little out of whack. Both my study schedule and my sleeping schedule. Not that my sleeping schedule is every in whack, but was even more exhausted than normal. I even ditched out on going to the gym this arvo. - such a slacker!!

No comments: