Friday, November 10, 2006

stuvac - day 5 of 7

quite productive

highlights:
going home to see my family for Dad's birthday dinner
Uncle K and Aunty J were there, visiting from QLD
finding a tape of the sound track to Top Gun in my car

lowlights:
Uncle P is quite ill

I have quite a large extended family. Both my Mum and Dad come from large families.
My Mum is the youngest with 4 older brothers. Uncle's K, P, B & D. Uncle's K and D live in QLD, and there is quite a large age spread between siblings. Hence my Mum was an Aunty at age 8, and some of my cousins on that side of the family have kids my age.
My Uncle B died from cancer mid last year. My Uncle P has also been diagnosed with cancer. 2 weeks ago, after much treatment, he had a major operation to remove some of his organs. I went to see him last week and he was doing ok. In the last few days he has taken a turn for the worse.
Things aren't looking all that good.

No comments: