Monday, November 20, 2006

exams: 4 down, 2 to go...

Today was New Testament theology.
There wasn't a fab selection of questions.
I'm sure glad that it is over.

Questions: 4, 8 and 11....
  • What contribution does Paul's teaching on the Spirit in Romans 8 make to the whole letter?
  • How tightly should the relationship between Luke and Acts be conceived?
  • What is the essence of the 'New Perspective' understanding of Pauline theology?
Next up, NT exegesis tomorrow morning.
For those that are wondering: I never managed to slip anything interesting into todays exam. Much too pushed for time, and too desperate struggling to get a coherant answer out (which I am not sure I managed!)

--
3 days til doctrine exam of doom......

4 comments:

byron smith said...

Interesting that the NP question didn't ask explicitly for an evaluation.

-bw said...

I thought that was interesting as well. After outlining what the NPP view is, I gave a critique of the positive and negative view points as I thought this added to 'the essence' of the new perspective view of pauline theology.

Anonymous said...

What was the gist of your essay for #8? Is the canonical separation of Luke and Acts significant?

-bw said...

I outlined the various scholarly opinions about the unity of Luke and Acts. (One author or two? Two volumes or books? What order where they written in?)
In doing this, I outlined the reasons (thematic/structural) for the position taken.