Monday, November 06, 2006

bizarre dreaming

I have been having some bizarre dreams of late.

A couple of weeks ago, I dreamt that I was in prison. For something I did not do! (of course everyone says that). For some strange reason there were kids in the prison, who also had not done anything wrong. Using an apple corer, I broke us out. I didn't know where to take them, so I took them to my parents house in suburbia. I had all the kids safe. Then the police arrived to catch me. But it wasn't the police, it was 2 of the women's chaplains from the women's section of college.
But they couldn't catch me!
I kept jumping from balcony to the roof and back on my parents house. I even tried to jump the fence next door, but our neighbours huge Rotweiler, Zack, wouldn't let me get in.
I woke up relieved that the women's chaplains couldn't catch me, but confused as to why they were trying.

Then 2 nights ago I again dreamt that I was in prison. But then I realised it wasn't prison, it was a boarding school. I was the oldest child in my family, and had heaps of younger brothers. We were all at the same school. Our youngest brother was having a heart transplant and was dying, but the people who ran the boarding school wouldn't let us go and see him.
I woke up with tears streaming down my face because I was so devastated that they wouldn't let us go and see our dying brother.

--
Back in reality, my youngest brother was back in hospital yesterday for a dislocated shoulder. I'm glad it wasn't open heart surgery!!

I'm sure there is much that you could read into these dreams. Anyone want to give interpretation a shot?

4 comments:

Gavin Crossley said...

Hey Bec, thought I'd finally drop by and check out your blog. Procrastination opens up a whole new world of pleasant distractions ;)

I have two possible interpreations for your dreams:

Interpretation 1: you are afraid of dogs, boarding schools, the police, and surgeons, but not apple corers.

Interpretation 1: you distrust authority, but you are nonetheless stuck with it. In both dreams you are trying to escape from a prison and the people trying to keep you there are supposed to be caring for you, but they are not. Using dietary concerns (the apple corer) as a tool, you managed to evade some of their oversight, but not completely.

-bw said...

LOL

Gav, glad you could swing past!

have you thought that you might have dream interpretation as a gift?

it certainly made me crack up!

byron smith said...

I could offer an interpretation of your first dream, but I might end up with MAC chaplains chasing me...

Safer to say nothing.

-bw said...

I wonder if I should talk about my dreams when I meet with NJ later this week?!