Sunday, March 05, 2006

a suprise from dad

I dropped in home (parents place) on my way home home tonight. In fact I am still here.
Dad had two gifts for me. One that he had told me about was that he had got me some circuit breakers as he didn't want either me or English Lass fiddling with the fuses. The second was a suprise.
Dad gave me an electric drill. My first ever power tool. I am stoked. In some ways I feel as though I have come of age in some bizarre way.
When Dad has been over to my place to do handyman stuff, I have been grabbing his drill and doing a few things here and there. But I have struggled under the weight of it. So this one is a nice small one, just enough to handle any of the daily odd things that might come up.
Dad stressed that it was in no way saying that he didn't want me to think that I couldn 't ask him to come over and do stuff. He is so sweet.

It is gone 9pm and I am still a 40min drive from home. I do not want to go into the week tired, so I am thankful for the late start tomorrow. Ahhhh to sleep in!

--

just went online to buy the modem and plan for us to have internet at home, but realised that veritel are charging a connection fee which I didn't see anywhere on the website. I think we are going to have to rethink that one.

1 comment:

Trinette said...

Ohhh ... you get all the fun pressies!