Thursday, March 30, 2006

Love Song

I've heard it said that a man would climb a mountain
Just to be with the one he loves
How many times has he broken that promise
It has never been done.
I've never climbed the highest mountain
But I walked the hill of calvary

Chorus:
Just to be with you, I'll do anything
There's no price I would not pay
Just to be with you, I'll give anything
I would give my life away.

I've heard it said that a man would swim the ocean
Just to be with the one he loves
All of those dreams are an empty emotion
It can never be done
I've never swam the deepest ocean
But I walked upon the raging sea

Chorus:
Just to be with you, I'll do anything
There's no price I would not pay
Just to be with you, I'd give everything
I would give my life away.

(Bridge)
I know that you don't understand
the fullness of My love
How I died upon the cross for your sins
And I know that you don't realize
how much that I'd give you
But I promise, I would do it all again.

Chorus:
Just to be with you, I've done everything
There's no price I did not pay
Just to be with you, I gave everything
Yes, I gave my life away.

Love Song - Third Day

--
Mooregirl came over for dinner tonight. It was lovely. Good to have a few laughs and be silly at times! We then headed out and went to a supper here at college for the women. A few of the faculty wives spoke about some of their experiences and they shared a verse that has been significant to them. All four of them who shared, all four of the verses, I felt God's assurance.
God will not test me more than I can bear. God will be with me in all things. God is the same today, yesterday and tomorrow.

I am still feeling quite burdened, but I know that God is with me, he loves me enough to send Jesus. Which is why the song above is precious to me tonight. It is another reminder of God's mercy and his grace.

I am thinking of using the above song in my talk tomorrow night. We are all broken, but yet we are cherished.

The question is: how do we respond to God's offer of salvation?

1 comment:

Trinette said...

Hey B! Just finished packing for India - I fly out in about six and a half hours! Heading to bed for a couple of hours sleep. Praying for you while I'm OS - it's nice to know that our God is the God of the whole world and it doesn't matter where I am ... He'll still hear my prayers! Love ya!