Friday, March 03, 2006

another sporadic outburst

life continues pretty much the same.
Class started this week, much to be read, brain already full, still no phone or net set up at home.
Was hoping to have it done by tomorrow, but the modem hasn't arrived yet (yes, that is because I haven't ordered it yet, I am going online now to buy it).
English Lass and I have decided for the time being to go without a home phone. We are going to use Skype for outgoing calls. She may even get a UK number for her friends and family to call her on.

What else, what else has been going on in my life?? Surely something...
Found out that I was accepted as a candidate for ordination. For those that know the history of that decision and application process may understand that I am glad to have that decision over and done with in my life. Although I know that it still means a few more commitments and stuff. Also it is good to know that as I reflect, I can see how God's hand has been at work through the whole thing.
Started giving Jedi Master cooking lessons. He came, observed, ate and left. He will hopefully replicate next time. I enjoy cooking, and I am enjoying showing both English Lass and Jedi Master some of the recipies that are locked away in my head. It is also good for me to rack my brain to make things up which fit complicated dietry requirements.
Discovered that Schleiemacher is an interesting read.
Got benched from song leading in split chapel. (totally fine with this)
Enjoying OT text crit stuff, which is suprising, as its not my usual love.

Time to head off to youth group.
Stay well

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, i do wonder about my powers of perfect replication after a fortnight's time.

it's been awhile since anybody referred to me as the jedi master.

-JM, home alone as usual

-bw said...

don't worry JM, I will be sitting in the lounge room so you can consult anytime!