Monday, May 14, 2007

Mission Day 5 - Yellow School


There are two primary schools in Newman - yellow school and green school. For the life of me, I can't remember what their real names were (probably Newman South and East or something like that). They get their common use name from the colour of their T-Shirts.
Apparently there is a bit of tension and jibing that occurs between the students at these schools. At kids church on the first Sunday, one of the team members described the kids' interaction a little like the Jets and Sharks from West Side Story!

Tuesday morning we went into the yellow school to explain the true meaning of Easter. It was a blast. And from all records it was the first time that there has been any Christian input into the school since it was founded.

I wasn't directly involved in the running of the program, but the whole team got to go along. I had some good conversations with some of the teachers and staff at the school. It was so encouraging to speak to people who are so open to hearing about the church and what it was doing.

Tuesday night we had a dialogue meeting at the church. I was roped in to be on the panel. IronOrr gave a talk about heaven and then the floor was opened up for questions. It it not an area that I have had a particular amount of experience in and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed being on the panel and answering questions.

God has been very gracious to me this week.

--
Fly Count: still 2 (no extra protein consumed today!)

No comments: