Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Mission Day 2 - Prepping around


(KC and Ton Ton preparing the memory verse for Kids Church)

Saturday morning we woke up and the time change kicked in. It was great thinking that we'd had a 2 hour sleep in (not so great this week). The first thing I noticed as KC and I walked to the church from our billets was the heat - and the flies. The Auzzie salute came out in full force over the week. I learnt pretty quickly that you can't really walk with your mouth open or talk while you are walking - I swallowed a fly!!

We spent most of the day prepping things for the week to come.
During the week there was a great deal of helium balloons which lead to a variety of entertaining moments.

One of the highlights of the week was getting to know the members of the team that previously I hadn't had much to do with.

Saturday evening saw KC and I back at our billets house. We went next door and met the neighbours. They had prepared some traditional Thai dishes and it was delicious. KC and I tried to engage in some conversations but it was a little random.
We did however learn some interesting things about living in a mining town which is pretty much run by 1 or 2 major companies.

Fell preparing me a soy coffee (a very important part of the day!)
--
Fly Count: 1

No comments: