Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mission Day 4 - Swimming & Night Clubs


Monday was our team day off. Some people from the church packed us into 4WD's and we headed on a 2 hour drive to Karijini National Park.
We walked down a gorge and went swimming in Circular Pool and Fern Pool. It was beautiful, amazing and relaxing.



We got back late afternoon and some of us headed out to the youth event that was planned for that evening. I was speaking at it. It is the first (and will probably be the only) time that I have given a talk in a night club.
There were some awesome conversations had with the youth. I was struck by the lack of inspiration or drive from the youth. Many can't see their way past ever living in a mining town. And I can understand why. I mean, why bother going to uni when you can get a job driving a truck for 100k a year.

It also hit me how they long for relationships. Their parents are often working ridiculous shifts and hours. So much so that they often go days without seeing them.
I spoke of God's love for them and his longing to have a relationship with them.

My heart breaks for the struggles that many of them are facing.

--
Fly Count: 2

3 comments:

Dave Miers said...

enjoying reading your mission journal

-bw said...

thanks

i'm enjoying writing it - i will get to day 10 eventually!

Unknown said...

Post is excellent about to drive to Karijini National Park,the pictures tells the whole story itself.

__________________

Well Written Dissertation