Friday, July 28, 2006

the rosebush man

I met a man the last week, hereafter known as 'Rosebush Man'. Most days as I walk to college, I have been praying for the people in the houses that I walk past. I have been praying that somehow, if they don't know of God's gift of grace in Jesus, that they would.
As I walk down our little laneway, there is one beautiful garden I admire each day. It has this amazing rosebush which reaches all the way up to the second story of the terrace. It isn't a rose climber, but it is a bush!

Anyways...
There is a lovely older gentleman who is often out tending his garden who I have often said hello to. Last week I stopped and had a chat with him. He is 75, lives alone, and his garden (imagine if you will, 4ft by 2ft area) is his passion. He planted the rosebush in 1962. It is amazing.
What is even more fantastic is that he asked me the question - 'so what do you do?'. Answering: 'I'm studying theology.' We launched into a great discussion on spirituality and life. He is talking with some Muslims, a Catholic priest and a hindu lady at present.
Please pray for rosebush man that God would open his heart.

--
God is good, God is faithful
He answers all our prayers
I despair in my unfaithfulness
I turn, I cry out to Him
He draws me near
My Provider
My Comforter

No comments: