Sunday, July 30, 2006

Nathaniel Jones, oh how I've missed you

English Lass and her parents are back tonight. 4 people in a 2 bedroom terrace. Hmmmmmm. I don't think that will work well with my planned nocturnal habits tonight.

So, tonight I am going to see my mate Nat Jones. It has been a while since I have visited. I haven't been since exam time 2 years ago. I wonder if the vibe will have changed. No Whitey sitting on the steps with me. No Snitzal frantically doing the last chapters of his project. I think I will stay over tonight.

Ahh Nat Jones, how I have missed the gentle hum of stressed bodies. The comraderie. The joys, the dissapointments. The broken windows. The golf and bocce at 3am. The knowledge that you aren't alone in your current pain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know I still haven't been up there...

-bw said...

Do you know I still haven't been up there...

shame, shame, shame

something that must be rectified. Nat Jones got me through first year. It was a place of refuge and inspiration for several all-nighters. And a place of gold for stuvac.