Friday, January 20, 2006

snapshots

Sunday saw me start at my new church. It was lovely. I was feeling a tad nervous before I hopped in my car to head up there. I think I am really going to enjoy my time there. I was welcomed with prayer, laying of hands, and plenty of conversations. I just hope hope I can remember half those names next week.

Straight after this, I hopped in my car and headed for KYLC. Normally I don't really enjoy these types of camps, well, actually, I can't really say that. I do enjoy them, it is more that I love hanging out with kids who don't know Jesus. But, yes, strategically I see the importance of training and equiping others!

5 days of camp, and a total of 5 days of rain and fog. I don't think I saw the 3 sisters, or the blue mountains the entire time!

Highpoints:

  • seeing people thirst to know more about how to serve God
  • speaking to a school chaplain, and hearing about parents becoming Christians through their children
  • the knowledge that God is awesome, powerful, mighty, to be feared, and worshipped, and that he saves
  • meeting and being encouraged by other leaders

Lowpoints:

  • sore throat
  • emotions!

Funniest moment:

  • having the cops come and interrogate me for sitting in a car park at night making phone calls (I was sitting under a little shelter thing to get out of the torrential rain, trying to get mobile reception)
    I gave them my details. Will that mean that I will be on Police records now? hmmmm

No comments: