Wednesday, January 04, 2006

resolutions

Snitzal wrote about New Years Resolutions here. I thought they deserved a much fuller response than can be given in a comment box.

What can I thank God for over the last year?
Over the last year, time and time again, I have thanked God for my parents. They have made life so easy for me at home over the year.I have also been thankful of the generosity of people and their time over the last year. Other students helping me out, lecturers giving me extra tuition, friends praying for me, and family loving me.

How have I grown in my relationship with God?
I think one of the major ways in which my relationship with God has grown this year has been that I continue to find rest in a contentment that is found in his sovereignty.

How have you seen God answer your prayers?
One of my brothers became a Christian this year!!

What have been your struggles?
What I desire is to be a woman who yearns after the will of God. I struggle to conform to the will of God. I struggle with much sin in my life.
I have struggled with seeing friends walk away from God.
I have struggled in the knowledge of death in the world around us, yet people don't see and hear the truth.
I have struggled to love those around me in the way that God wants me to.

How do I want God to help me overcome my struggles?
That he will continue to mould and shape me, even when I don't want it. Especially when I don't want it!

What can I pray for in light of 2006?
That I will trust in Him.
When I say that, I mean in everything. That in all things I will look to God, not relying on my strength, but God's.

How do I want to grow in my knowledge of God?
man oh man. There is so much.
I remember reading last year in Bray's Doctrine of God, that the more knowledge we have of God, the more we want to know about God. (Thanks Snitzal for a most awesome birthday pressie, yes I did read most of it before embarking on doctrine 2!)
I want to grow in the knowledge of God's grace and mercy in his son Jesus Christ.

How do I want to grow in my godliness?
I think this can be summed up with what I wrote earlier. To be a woman who desires God's heart. If I am a woman who yearns for that, then I will be a woman who abhors sin, and will do everything to get rid of it in my life.

How do I want to grow in my ministry to others?
To love, to serve, to be Christ-like.

Reading and writing the responses to these questions has been a challenge. It has made me stop and think. For those of yoiu out there reading, perhaps you could take this opportunity to think over them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dear Bec, its encouraging to hear someone voice the same things on my mind! i will use these comments as prayer points for, darling! Just remember not to strive too much or condemn yourself when you don't live up to these high expectations. rest in the knowledge that you cannot be more forgiven, more accepted, more loved or treasured or delighted in by God than you are right now. and know that the love of Christ already shines out clearly from you! may you continue to know and grow in Christ, luv shell :)