Tuesday, January 24, 2006

home, not a house

my house is starting to feel like a home. I have been moving boxes of books and stuff for what seems like months, but in reality is only a couple of weeks. Interrupted by camp time and stuff.
Yesterday, dad and I set up the shelving unit which is going to be my wardrobe, and today, we picked up the dining room table and chairs I bought off ebay. Once the furniture went in, it started to look more like a home, and less like an empty house with boxes in it.
I am hoping to fully moved in by the weekend.

Tomorrow sees another early rise, more packing, before heading down to the hardware store toi pick up a few bits and pieces. Then into the city, where I am going to be babysitting Moore Boy's kids for a couple of house while they finish fixing their place. Then, move some more stuff in. Put some off the stuff that I have taken over into the shelving unit, so I can bring the boxes back for repacking. Then, some friends are dropping in with the sofa bed and tall boy they are donating to me.

yay. I'm excited to be moving in. I already have my first house guest booked in to stay!

No comments: