Monday, March 19, 2007

Graduation - a joful sadness

Tonight was college graduation. It was an occasion that filled me with joy. To see many friends again and hear about their plans.
But it also was a night which has left me sad. I miss many people who have moved far away from Sydney.
Some I may not see for months or even years. Others I will not see until Jesus returns. But thankfully, some I will see each Sunday for the rest of the year!

In many ways I am jealous. It has again churned up those feelings of wanting to have completed my studies.
But I hold fast to the fact that God knows what he is doing. And I take rest in his goodness.

3 comments:

byron smith said...

It was certainly much better than last year's...

Mandy said...

As one who graduated, it was both exciting and sad.

Sad because it is possibly the last time that nearly all of my year will be together in the same place (37 of the 39 of us were there - only Rod (in UK) and Josh (in Singapore) were missing. Standing in the hallway before we went in, looking around at everyone reminded me of how much I had loved the last four years and how much I missed us all being together.

But exciting to have finally made it to the end of four years and to stand with my year. Exciting to hear how people were getting on at the beginning of their new ministries. Exciting to have family watching and again getting to hear the good news of the gospel. And exciting to be reminded that the song we sing is of God's love demonstrated to us in the death of Jesus while we were still sinners.

God is indeed very good.

-bw said...

it was better than last year....