Saturday, October 28, 2006

prayer, provision and repentance

Friday College had a morning of prayer. It was great to spend a few solid hours praying. I also found it hugely encouraging praying for all the exiting students.

God's grace and provision continues to blow me away. I have been waking up quite early of late. I think it is because the sun has been getting up earlier and earlier. I'm looking forward to daylight savings starting tomorrow. But this past week, as I have been waking up between 5 or 6am, I stretch out, look at the ceiling and pray and give thanks to God. Try it sometime, it has been awesome.

--
I got to thinking over the last week about the pain and grief that comes with death. I then thought about the death of Christ. How painful that must have been for God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit in their perfect perichoretic relationship when Christ died. It has reminded me of enormity of what occurred when God sent his only Son to die for us.

I again come before my maker and repent, give thanks and turn my life to him for molding.

3 comments:

Geoff said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Geoff said...

Hey Bec, great post... very encouraging! Must be a few of us praying at the same time I think? ;-) (except that I'm waking up when it's still dark....) Thanks for all your hard work to make the day of prayer happen! And thanks for your prayers...

Anonymous said...

Ouch! fore sooth he said unto them. Stop this bothering of the holy ones, your whipered demands are like mosquitos buzzing around the tail of an elephant, more optomistic than it could possibly know.