Saturday, September 23, 2006

holidays

It is always cold, but each year I look forward to the first swim of the summer season. Today was the day. Although it isn't summer yet, the temps hit 30c on Friday.
Dad and I headed down to the beach this arvo to dive into the cold salt water. There were quite a few people down there. But not many in the water. We didn't last all that long either. The sun was tickling our skin, so we sat down and watched the water and talked about life, love and politics.

Tonight I headed back to an old stomping ground. I went to Nan0c's 30th birthday do. It was heaps of fun to catch up with people. I didn't stay too late as the essay nights of last week are haunting me.

So I sit here, laptop on my knees and think about stuff. Where will I be when I turn 30? What can I get Mum for her birthday? Should I get a cat next year? Or maybe a fish to replace Moe and Joe? Where should I work next year? Should I go to bed?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dunno. I don't like to consider the 'coming of age' myself.
Summer Nightie.
No. Fish-sitting much easier to organise than cat-sitting.
Yes- but don't keep them in a vase again please.
Dunno.
Definitely.

In that order ;)