Friday, August 25, 2006

hospitality

One of the great things about living close by to college this year is that English Lass and I are able to be hospitable (albeit not as much as we would like - I can't believe that I just used albeit in a sentence).
Last night A Kempis, The Ploughboy and Nix came down for dinner. I enjoyed myself. I was impressed with the boys turning up with flowers. The flowers now grace our hallway. It's amazing how they brighten up the place. I can feel another painting binge coming on. The paints and canvases are there waiting.

Today saw the first of the tri-college soccer series. I didn't get down to see the games as I had my regular greek tute session with RJG. We finally finished Romans 8 today.
We had a combine college BBQ after the games. Trinity and Jax came (and many others). We ate. (I ate my fill of meat - save me buying any meat for a while!)

Now what on earth am I going to wear to this wedding in Wagga? The Ploughboy told me it has been getting down to minus 3 at nights. I have pulled a dress (yes one of my three that I own) out to wear. I am still going to back my jeans and scarf and stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All you needed was a hot Pakistani curry and a jug of hot black espresso and the temperature would be irrelevant!

Anonymous said...

Also, don't forget that the art exhibition is running again on 18 November, with a Tribes and Nations night to follow.