Thursday, May 18, 2006

snapshots

Mission in some ways was a week of getting lost. Most days I was lost in some way shape or form. Even with the aid of driving in convoy, even with specifically drawn maps to aid me, I still managed to get lost. One 20-minute trip took six times that length!

I learnt how to do stumping, teabag folding and ribbon weaving. (All are craft activities, and my life will never be the same again! I’ll teach you if you like!!)

After going to numerous women's events (due to a severe shortage of women in our team) I learnt that youth ministry is still my passion.

I learnt that it is possible to talk to a four year old whilst having a power nap.

I learnt that nanna's in Shellharbour (as in all the world!) love to give hugs and kisses.

I was reminded that God is good.

I learnt that driving a car back up Mount Ousley doesn't work without a clutch.

I learnt that God uses all situations. I had a great chat with the towtruck driver about Jesus.

I struggled not seeing my mum on mothers day.

I was reminded that we have family all over the world, family we haven't met yet. It was a joy to meet them. It was a joy to share their lives for a week.

I was anxious to get home to my own bed and recover, but now reflecting on the week, I miss some of the young adults that I met. I may go away with them in the mid year break.

I do have some piccies taken with my phone, I'll try and upload them at some stage.

Over and Out.

No comments: