Friday, April 13, 2007

So my friend is getting married tomorrow. She had a hen's night on Monday night which unfortunately I couldn't stick around for the whole evening (Tuesday's essay not being done and all). But in my experience of hen's night, what happened tonight was the most enjoyable hen's night I've been to - and it wasn't a hen's night at all!!

My friend and I met up after I got my hair chopped and went to her parents house. Later we were joined by our group of girlfriends. Eight of us from an old bible study group. We hung out, ate Thai food and talked. Talked about marriage, children and a whole heap of things including contraception and the ethical implications of various products. I was greatly encouraged by how thought through some of the girls (I should say women, but that would make me feel old) were about what method they should use.
It was like old times. Hanging out, having fun. But new. New conversation topics.

It was great and brought much joy to my heart.
tinged with some concern and sadness regarding where some of my friends stand with the Lord.

No comments: