Wednesday, June 21, 2006

friends, chapel, and sermons

I went to the Youthworks College Graduates day on monday. It made me realise how much of life is in the moment. Friends who I spent 2 years studying with, I have seen only once or twice in the last 2 years. I think my current college experience is slightly different as we live in, but it makes me wonder what type of contact I will have with my current college friends once I have finished studying. I can even feel myself at times pull away from certain friendships or groups of friendships here at college. Or at least try and convince myself in my own sinful way, that it really isn't my choice, that they were the ones who pulled away in things they did or said. As I said, that is my own sinfulness, and doesn't give any excuse. I need to continue to persist, and make an effort with those friends.

Anyways, after that tangent, back to the graduates day...
We had a chapel service to start the day. We sat in the outdoor chapel, with the sound of birds around us, and we sang facing one another, sharing in the delight of the knowledge of who and what our Creator has done and is for us.

Oh how I miss Deano's sermons. He preached from Rev 2:1-7 and reflections on the doctrine of the church.
We have a priviledge of being part of the church. We have Jesus with us now. He speaks, and we need, must and ought to listen.
As Christians we are priviledged because Jesus is with us, because of what is promised to us, and we are to love.

You know, I still remember part of the first sermon I ever heard him preach. "You are who you are in Christ". It is a truth that I continually come back to day after day.

--
My internet connection at home has only worked 5 minutes in the last 5 days. Not happy!

No comments: