Sunday, December 28, 2008

holidays!

As many of you will know, this past year has been manic to say the least.
Somehow I've made it to the end of the year without taking any holidays. But today, I am on holidays - and I'm very excited about it!!!!!
Sleep deprivation might be impacting the clarity of my verbal skills at this point in time, but nothing a good sleep won't fix. I'm blogging from Wellington airport where I've had a nine hour layover in the middle of the night.
I had planned on sleeping in the airport - I mean seriously, after Fiji, Wellington airport aint got nothing I can't handle. But as I was snoozing in arrivals at about 1am I became aware that the airport was shutting down for the night - say what? You mean it isn't like Sydney airport and they don't stay open all night?!
Thankfully the guards took pity on me when I asked if there was somewhere nearby I could go for a few hours and they let me into the cafeteria section of departures where I was able to catch a 2 hour snooze.
I can't believe how busy this place is at 4am!

But here's to being on holidays for the next 9 days.

No comments: