Wednesday, November 30, 2005

phone calls, phone calls, phone calls

Another day has passed, it seems to have been made up of many, many phone calls.

Some of the stand out/hassle/most enjoyable calls were...

calls and sms's organising stuff for the youth ministry conference this week. Must head into college tomorrow and sort some stuff out. (hopefully there will be some ppl around to say hello to, but I fear that most will have moved out)

Then came the phone calls to my future (hopefully) landlord. Trying to come up with a compromise. It looked as though my possible house for next year was falling through as the current tenants are moving out mid-December not mid-January as originally thought. English Lass doesn't get back from the UK til late Jan, so we didn't really want to move in until then. Landlord didn't want the place empty for 6weeks (which I can totally understand). We have struck up a deal that if we move early Jan he will give it to us. It means a loss of 3 weeks rent for him, and an extra 3 weeks rent for us to pay. He is going to think about it and get back to me tomorrow. I told him that I would call English Lass and sus her out.

Phoned English Lass tonight. Woke her up!! I knew I would, but wanted to make sure that I caught her. We decided that we would go with moving in early Jan. I mean, if we didn't take it, and then nothing came up we would be kicking ourselves. It isn't that it is a flash place, but it all about location, location, location!

After a marathon call to the UK (man, am I grateful for international calling cards), I got a call from Snitzal. We chatted for just on an hour. Hearing about his travels and organising a time for that post-exam golden ale.

Now that I have bored you all to sleep, that is where I should head!

Oh yeah, I had to exchange a birthday gift from Mum. So the excitment of the day was a rediscovery of the Mall!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rediscovery? The mall is the hub of western civilisation. This is the place to be present to see where we are all going. It shows you how many upgrades you have to make to make the grade!